Sunday, January 25, 2015

Screen Shot on a MacBook

Taking a screen shot is one of the most common actions I do with my computer. It allows me to make an image out of anything that appears on my screen, whether it is some text, an image, part of my desktop, or a video that has been paused. To take a screen shot on your macbook computer, press command+shift+4 on your keyboard and cross hairs will replace the cursor arrow. Click and drag a rectangle around what you want to take a screen shot of and then release - an image (png format) will appear on your desktop. 

Other options for taking screen shots are: 

a) press the 'contol' button while dragging to take the screen shot and the image will be pasted on your clipboard; or press command+shift+4+control to take your screen shot.

b) after pressing command+shift+4, tap the space bar. A camera icon will appear (instead of crosshairs) that will allow you to capture an entire application window. Move the camera over any application window and it will automatically highlight - then press the trackpad and a screenshot of that window will be taken.


c) command+shift+3 will instantly take a screen shot of your entire desktop; as well, command+shift+3+control will paste your entire desktop image onto the clipboard.

I find that my desktop gets quite cluttered with images so I am getting into the habit of using the control button to put the screen shots on my clipboard and therefore control the number of files on my desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment